How much does it cost for Well Water Finders to survey my land for water?

Each acre surveyed is $500. We cover all our expenses for getting to your location, you just pay for the surveys.

The Well Water Finders service includes:

1. Pre-Assessment Report

  • Research of locally drilled water wells in your area.
  • Research of local water utility companies that have facilities in your area.
  • Research of common geological formations in your area.
  • A discussion about your water needs on the property.
  • The report is e-mailed to you before our visit.

2. On-Site Underground Imaging Survey

  • We bring our underground imaging equipment to your property and conduct a survey (or surveys) based on where you would like to place a potential well.
  • Each site survey captures the water level data under approximately 1 acre (200 ft. x 200 ft.)
  • Number of Sites to Survey:
    • Most customers don't survey their entire property. They start with an area where placement of a water well would be beneficial. Each survey takes about 15 minutes and we can average about 6-8 surveys a day depending on the distance between sites and terrain.
    • If you are needing a residential well on a small property, in most cases, one survey should suffice.
    • If you are looking for an ag, commercial, or high-volume well, it would normally take at least 4 survey locations to confirm that sufficient water exists under your land and that there is ample connectivity. (To support an ag well, you would need thick, connected bands of water seen in numerous areas under your land).

3. Final Report

  • The Final Report is e-mailed to you within a couple of days after your survey. It's a document that you can share with your driller. 

     To schedule your Well Water Finders survey for finding water, click here.  

After I've scheduled my visit, is there anything you need from me?

There are three pieces of information that we will need from you before our appointment. 1. A copy of your last real estate survey of the property (if available), 2. A copy of some type of proof that you own the property (a deed, a tax record), and 3. A signed hold-harmless waiver that we will e-mail to you.